Home burglaries are a nuisance in America; Bucks County is no exception. There are an estimated 2.5 million burglaries a year. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to ensure your home security. Nothing is more comforting than knowing that your home is protected even when you are away. Home alarm systems deter intruders and other criminals on top of protecting your family from dangers that come from within the home. Before you can get one installed, you need first to find the best home alarm system in Bucks County for you. Here is a complete guide to the types of home alarm security systems and how each operates.
How Alarm Systems Work
A typical alarm should be able to detect a security breach and alert the homeowner. There are different mechanisms used to achieve these two crucial functions. Here is an explanation of how the different home alarm systems work.
- Wired System: These home alarm system Bucks county use a low voltage electrical current. A circuit connects across the entryways, such as doors and windows. When the door or window is open, the alarm is triggered. A good example is burglar alarms.
- Wireless Systems: Unlike wired networks, these home alarm systems use sensors instead of wired connections. Built-in radio frequency transmitters are used to transmit signals to the control panel when there is a breach.
- Unmonitored Systems: These security systems use visual and audible alarms to alert people in the surrounding of the breach. However, it does not notify the authorities or the monitoring center. Although unmonitored systems are more affordable, they rely on nearby people to inform the police. It may not be the best home alarm system.
- Monitored Systems: In addition to alerting the homeowner, this kind of alarms notify the monitoring centers of the intrusion. These operators can then dispatch the police or medical emergency response. Monitored home alarm system in Bucks county are the best but costs slightly more.
Types of Home Alarm Systems in Bucks County
Home security systems have gotten better over the years. Some basic features, such as fire alarms, are common and straightforward. Others are more advanced and cost a lot more. Here are common types of home alarm security systems in Bucks County.
- Fire and Smoke Alarms: A fire can destroy your home and risk the lives of your family. Fire and smoke alarms detect heat or smoke and activate the sprinkler systems. It also notifies fire response units. Ask the home alarm system Bucks county to advise you on the best type of fire alarm to install.
- Burglar Alarms: These are the backbone of any home security system. They detect and notify the homeowners when there is a security breach or threat. Wired and bell-only burglar alarms are the most affordable. However, for extra security, you will need to splash a little more on monitored smart alarms.
- Video Surveillance: There are so many reasons to install video surveillance. In addition to capturing intruders, video surveillance helps to keep an eye on kids and the elderly. It requires surveillance with remote monitoring capability. You can choose between digital and network video recorders. Insist on cameras with functional connectivity.
- Hazardous Gas Sensors: Some gases are dangerous and may not be detectable. Hazardous sensors detect harmful gases, such as propane and carbon monoxide. It prevents fire risks and respiratory diseases.
Get the Best Home Alarm System in Bucks County
Securing your home begins with choosing the right home security company. No other company fits the bills like Holicong Security. The dedicated team and more than 60 years of experience, you can ensure the expertise you will be provided will make you feel nothing short of secure in your decision. Your search for a reliable home alarm system in Bucks County ends with Holicong. Join the family of protected customers today and take control of your property and safety of your loved ones. Contact Holicong today!